How we help coaches
At Speedworks Training we emphasise coach education with as much importance as athlete development. As such we have extended the reach of services to offer extensive coach development opportunities throughout the year.
Learn how top coaches think
Alongside our own expert coaches, we deliver a variety of workshops, webinars and educational services in collaboration with other industry leaders to discuss all things speed and rehab.
Gain practical experience
Coaching is about problem solving. With 10 year experience, we know what is important and what isn't. We read all the latest research and figure out if it is relevant to practical coaching. We teach through self-practice; trying the exercises as a coach to discover why it works yourself.
Join our network
Stuck where you are? Settled? Many coaches we have supported have found success. Be it career progression, becoming a Speedworks coach, gaining employment with national organisation’s or beginning their own coaching practices – whatever your goals, we can help get you there.
Online learning experience with webinars delivered in micro lessons. All content is pre-recorded so you can work at your own pace. You will receive a Certificates on completion.
Each webinar is related to one specialist topic; sharing rules of thumb, tips for practical application, underpinning theory and analysis.
Face to face theory and practical workshops with a range of topics and world class deliverers. The workshops are all about sharing methodology and then applying this in a practical setting.
Mentorship schemes and support, both remotely and in person to provide you with the upmost clarity on coaching, data interpretation and to maximise the efficacy of your speed programme.
Speedworks Mentorship Scheme (SMS)
The coach mentorship scheme revolves around three key areas; planning, coaching and reflection.
To accelerate you through the coaching process, together we will develop long term coaching case studies through the use of speed profiling and the three key areas mentioned above.
You will be asked to nominate yourself, a client, colleague or squad of players that you can plan, coach and monitor their development over time. This ideally works with clients/players you work with on a day to day basis, but can also include those you coach online or indeed yourself.
- Initial 45 min review to identify the needs of the coach, discuss the process and to plan the monthly contact times
- 2 hour monthly review session at Loughborough University. This can be spent going through practical training scenarios with just yourself or your accompanying athlete/player, reviewing video and data of previous training cycles, talking on logistics of work/life and relationship building, observing coaching and anything else we believe could accelerate your learning and application. If face to face is not possible then we can provide the session on zoom.
- Video feedback and analysis from footage you have provided.
- 2 x 30min appointments via phone/zoom per month. This can be used to trouble shoot and identify areas that you need guidance on relevant to video feedback shared or any new issues that have arisen.
This mentorship scheme requires a minimum commitment of 3 months so that we can go on this journey together. If you would like additional contacts, club visits and video analysis performed for entire squads, this can be arranged.
Video Analysis Support Session
Binary Video Analysis (BVA) has evolved into an amazing multi faceted tool for all your video analysis needs. From notation analysis of game play to measuring kinematics of linear movements. BVA is being used by coaches, physios, analysts and teams from all levels all around the world.
Speedworks has worked closely with BVA to make it more digestible for for those who want help using BVA within their practice.
We will take you through a step by step process, identifying simple ways to create reliable data from your videos.
- Our analysts will share our templates, and will go through live problem solving via zoom screen share. This has been a proven way to fast track your use of the software.
- If you are using BVA for linear sprint analysis for performance, jump profiling for rehabilitation or as a simple way to add cool graphics and annotations for athlete feedback, book now and we can speed up your process.
Jonas is a trusted friend and confidant - it’s so important to have colleagues that have a growth mindset, whom you can lean on for advice and at times challenge your beliefs in becoming a better coach and person.
Speedworks have had a dramatic and lasting effect on how we do strength and conditioning for football. Building efficient and elastic players has become easier through the use of specific drills and resisted runs. The speedworks framework has allowed us to develop underpinning qualities for hamstring health through specific actions. This is an efficient way to train the players as season where we are limited in the dose of training we can actually do.
Jonas to this day remains one of my key mentors, not just professionally but in life, and I think that is a true marker of someone who has had clearly a big impact on your world. I started working with Jonas in 2015, first as an intern, then as a paid member of staff. I came to him following my time working as a PT and spending time in British Sailing. He opened my world to doing things differently.
Jonas is a brilliant coach - he has a unique ability to quickly develop rapport with his players and operates with a strong methodology. He has good observation skills which make him a great staff member to have on board.
As a footballer, I thrive with my team but also need to work on my individual game. Speedworks have helped me get stronger, faster and fitter by training hard whilst training smart.